Despite the use of Gmail, often time many people have more than one Gmail account that needs to be managed. These Gmail accounts can be for a multitude of different, yet separate purposes. A lot of times people have no option but to go back and forth between their Gmail accounts in order to check them for private matters, work related matters or a variety of different projects. Further reading this article will explain to you in depth how to login and out of multiple Gmail inbox accounts at the same time.
You can set up different user accounts in Google Chrome
With Gmail you can set up different user accounts in the Google Chrome page. Gmail has an ideal sign in and sign out feature that will work in any of the main browsers. Chrome allows its users to set up different user which are inevitably linked to their different Google users accounts. Below are some steps to get you started.
- Click on the “Wrench” icon and the select options for further instructions.
- Click on “Personal Stuff” and the under users pick the option “Add New User.”
- It will open a new Google account login window.
At the top left of the Google Chrome window you’ll notice that there are different icons which are assigned to different users. Ultimately it will enable you to differentiate the different browser sessions and be able to tell the difference between accounts. There are also alternative methods to doing this as well. When in Google Chrome, you will need to click on the icon in the browser and select “Edit.” This option will allow you to switch accounts between different users with in the same Google Chrome window.
Use Gmail multiple sign-in feature to switch between accounts
Google lets users of Gmail accounts have the ability to sign in and out of Gmail by switch between accounts. Since Google supports multiple email account sign-ins, this means that a person with more than one account can sign into to them in one browser. For many people this option is advantageous for check their multiple accounts without having to switch browsers. Please read below for further instructions on how to switch between accounts using the Gmail multiple sign-in feature.
- You’ll need to enter your “Account Settings”
- Under “Security” then click the option “Edit” which is located next to the multiple sign in feature.
- To enable you’ll have to select the “ON” option and then select the various boxes which will confirm your understanding of how the multiple sign in features will work.
- Then click “Save” to save the option choice
It is necessary to the aforementioned steps for all accounts that you’ll need to switch between. With all accounts enabled with the multiple sign in feature, it will be a breeze for you to go back and forth between accounts in the single browser you’re in. With that being said, there are a few more steps to follow to help you to sign in and out of multiple accounts with the multiple account sign in feature.
- Click on the arrow next to your Google profile picture at the top right of the screen then select the option “Switch Account”
- Click and select the option to sign into another Gmail account.
- You’ll notice a new tab or window will open up which then you can sign into your other account(s)
- In the event that you want to open the same account you can pick it from your list of accounts with the enable multiple sign in feature after you chose the option “Switch Account.”
Open and run 2 or more different browsers simultaneously
With Google Gmail you can log into different Gmail accounts in different browsers. To login to 2 or more accounts you can simply use the option to open different web browsers and the sign in and out of your multiple Gmail accounts with one account in each browser. This step doesn’t require any special setups or enabling through Gmail. By having multiple browsers installed like Chrome, Firefox and others you can simply sign in and out of your Gmail accounts in the different browsers without using the multiple sign in feature.
You can add email accounts or aliases to the main Gmail account that you frequently use
By setting your Gmail accounts under one account you can manage them all under that one email account. A lot of the methods for signing in and out of Gmail accounts may be a bit complex, but surely they are the solution to letting you manage multiple accounts at once. Further reading is the steps you’ll need to take for adding accounts to your main account for multiple account management.
- When logged into to Gmail you’ll need to go to “Settings.”
- Next click on “Accounts” tab
- While in the setup process you can choose to use your main email as an alias option to allow you to login into other accounts.
- Add alias accounts manually under the “Send” mail options as to click “Add” another email address to the main email address that you use.
Because you’ll have several reason as to why you’ll need to manage more than one account at the same time, it is advantageous to use the correct methods for enabling you to sign in and out of multiple Gmail accounts at the same time. Some methods may be a bit complex than others, but when they are executed the right way it will make your ability to access your multiple account a less stressful. Whether you can use multiple browsers, sign in under one account with and alias or even switch between multiple accounts, these are sure methods to get you into your accounts quicker and make managing them easier.
This step by step guide will help you to effectively be able to sign in and out of multiple accounts at the same time without delaying your urgency to check all accounts at once. Work, various projects and private matters are the main reasons a person may need to have multiple accounts open at the same time. I hope that this guide helps you in your endeavor to master signing in and out of your multiple Google Gmail accounts all at once.