Use of Gmail inbox keyboard shortcuts are simple, but for those who are new to the idea, just keep reading the article to find out the top 5 keyboard shortcuts you can apply to using your Gmail inbox. With a setup account, the first thing you’ll need to do is learn how to navigate your Gmail inbox without your mouse. If you used the mouse then it wouldn’t exactly be beneficial use of the keyboard shortcuts. Gmail has some of the best core navigation shortcuts that you can enable in order to start using proper keyboard shortcut functions.
Enable keyboard shortcuts for your Gmail
Enabling and using your keyboard shortcuts for Gmail enhances the productive use of your Gmail. In order to use your keyboard shortcuts for your Gmail, the first thing that you have to do is make sure that they are enabled. With this simple step by step process you will find out how to enable the Gmail keyboard shortcuts.
- First you’ll have to login to your Gmail account and search for the “Gear Icon”, which is actually located in the top right hand corner of your Gmail inbox.
- Click on the dropbox gear icon and then click on the “Settings” option within the dropbox menu.
- When you enter into the “Settings Option” you then have to follow the tabs and look for the “General Tab” and then click on it if it’s not already openly displayed.
- Scroll down the “General Tab Options” and search for “Keyboard Shortcuts.” It will show “Keyboard Shortcuts Off” and “Keyboard Shortcuts On.” If it is not already on you’ll want to choose the option “Keyboard Shortcuts On.”
- Click “Save Changes” in order to “Save” the “Keyboard Shortcuts On Option” change that you’ve made.
After this process is complete, now you can begin to use your keyboard shortcuts for your Gmail account. There are many shortcuts and there are shortcuts that you can use to navigate your email more smartly, efficiently and above all productively. Below are the top 5 keyboard shortcuts to save you time in your gmail inbox and make your emailing experiences an easy one.
Reply and forward your emails
When you want to quickly reply or forward to a group of people or just an individual, the following group of keys will come in handy for using keyboard shortcuts. learning these keys are greatly beneficial, for replying and forwarding, especially sending replies and forwarding to a mass of people. These keyboard shortcut keys will make replying and forwarding your emails more efficient.
- If you are replying to an individual through a message you can press the “R” key for any individual email that you wish to reply too.
- When replying to all at once, you can press the “A” key for sending a quick mass reply to a group of people.
- To Forward your emails to others you simply have to press the “F” key in order to forward those emails.
Composing new emails
Useful Gmail shortcuts helps a lot for making it easy to navigate your Gmail. When composing new mail to send, there are three keyboard shortcuts that you can use in order to compose a new email message. These three functions are easy to use and you won’t have to use your mouse for navigation.
- You can use both the “Shift + C” keys pressing them both at the same time to compose a message in a new email message window.
- Press the “C” key to open a new compose window for your new message.
- If you want to open the new compose message window under a different tab, press both “Shift + D” keys at the same time in order to use this keyboard shortcut function.
Delete a mail
Sometimes deleting emails can be a hassle, especially when you have to navigate your mouse to click the option to delete the email. When already in your email, you can use a keyboard shortcut to delete your email without doing a lot of navigating. The key listed is a great key to remember for deleting Gmail inbox keyboard shortcuts.
- If you want to move any email messages to the trash section, then you’ll have press the “#” key on your keyboard by pressing “Shift + 3” both at the same time.
Move between conversations
If you want to move between new and old emails in your inbox just use the three steps listed below. Using these steps you can move across old and new emails within the same email thread using these keys. Moving between conversations will be a breeze with these keyboard shortcuts.
- The “N” key helps to navigate to emails which are generally more new than your other emails that are in the same thread.
- By pressing “P” you will be able to navigate to old emails that are in the same thread.
- In the event that you want to expand any email within the thread, you’ll have to press “O” or “Enter” keys to do so.
Select and deselect all mails at once
If you need to select and deselect all of your emails at once, then you’ll have to follow the steps below. Sometimes it is tedious to go from email to email and select them all if you want to move them, delete them or do something else. The keyboard shortcuts below will help you to select and deselect all of your emails at once.
- If you want to select all of your emails at once, just press the asterisk “*” and “A” keys in order to select all emails.
- To deselect your emails you have to press the asterisk “*” and “N” keys to deselect all of your emails that you want deselected.
Learning how to use keyboard shortcuts can be beneficial to your productivity when it comes to using an operating system, service or application. Keyboard shortcuts can save you a lot of time, up to seconds per keyboard shortcut use. Using keyboard shortcuts for Gmail will be advantageous in helping you save time in checking your inbox, replying to or forwarding your daily emails and even composing new emails to send.